Sunday, February 6, 2011

Update: Mainline Almost Complete

The mainline now runs in a complete loop and is powered, almost ready to go. I have some turnouts on the way then I can attach the final sections of track. I have also started planning out what I'm going to do with the rest of the space.

















Above is part of a yard and where my train shops will go, got the idea from here.
Below is the other half of the layout with the mainlines.
















I've been messing around with a tortoise and made a temporary control panel with a switch for main accessory power and a switch for the turnout that leads the the programming track.












I also have the new Kato Amtrak set coming in, I'll post some pics and video when it comes in.

2 comments:

  1. Is the foam in the background for a mountain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foam in the back is for mountains. The little bump in the middle is for the mountain to come down and there will be a tunnel going through it. To the right of that there will be a wood bridge and to the right of that the mountain will be at it largest point and be a long tunnel that covers pretty much the entire main line on that side.

    ReplyDelete