Saturday, January 29, 2011

Update: Incline and track bed

OK, so I kind of winged it on the benchwork... And its still not done, I need to add some cross bracing to the legs to make it a little more sturdy.







I used a lot of wood from previous projects that I no longer had use for.












Its a mess... But its still in progress...






I decided that instead of covering the entire to with foam I would just raise up the areas that I want so I can add low spots in the future if I want. So with the foam I'm gluing it down with silicone and then patching up the cracks with joint compound. I might just use joint compound instead of plaster for the majority of things. It sticks very well to the foam.
















Below is the incline, it should be about a 4% grade. It is made out of layers of foam and joint compound to smooth it out. It is going pretty well so far but it is taking a long time... I realize now this was a bad idea...







The turnout you can see here is where the track will run off the layout and to the desk I built.










I used joint compound and foam to create the rock edge. I'm planning of having ATSF, BNSF, maybe BN, but defanetly CP, SOO, and some Amtrak. And I really want the Santa Fe Elcapitan.







This passed by the house today... It was CP, SOO, SOO, and CP.

No comments:

Post a Comment